Dear graduate students,
The course enrollment system will open from the 15th and 16th teaching week in this semester (from December 18 to December 29, 2023). The detailed arrangements are as follows:
1. Time for personal training plan adjustment and courses enrollment
Graduate education information management system will open from 12:00 December 18th, 2023 to 20:00 December 29th, 2023 for students to adjust their personal training plans, add and/or drop graduate courses. Courses retaking application also should be completed within this period.
2. Course enrollment website and login method
http://yjs.sjtu.edu.cn, login with your jAccount, click “Training”, “Course Enrollment”. Several general courses and specialized courses are respectively organized by the Graduate School and schools for graduate students. Teaching schedules are uniformly arranged. If adjustments are necessary, students can withdraw from the course themselves and reselect it. Please note that students shall be responsible for themselves if they cannot add a course because the class is full after they drop it.
For student who need to apply course retaking, please apply retaking in the system first, once the Course retake/re-examination applications are approved, students have to enroll their classes in the course retaking page in the system.
3. For arrangements of mathematical courses, Matrix Theory, Fundamental Mathematical Statistics, Numerical Solutions of Partial Differential Equations taught in English will be offered.
4. English for Academic Purposes
In the spring semester of the 2023-2024 academic year, English for Academic Purposes will be offered on both the Minhang Campus and the Xuhui Campus. There are 67 teaching classes available on the Minhang Campus, among them 62 classes are oriented for domestic students and 5 classes（M11、M13、M34、M42、M65）for international students. There are 14 teaching classes available on the Xuhui Campus, with 11 oriented for domestic students and 3（X06、X09、X13）for international students. The graduates need to enroll the suitable teaching class by themselves; please pay attention to the remark information for the teaching class. Teaching classes for international graduate students are teaching classes where master's and doctoral students attend together.
5. Chinese Language Elective Courses
In the spring semester of the 2023-2024 academic year, the Chinese elective courses will be offered to SJTU international degree graduate students. Subsequent arrangements will be made for student registration, and details regarding the registration process will be notified separately.
6. Introduction to Chinese Culture
In the spring semester of the 2023-2024 academic year, the Introduction to Chinese Culture courses will be offered on both the Minhang Campus and the Xuhui Campus. There are 3 teaching classes available on the Minhang Campus, with 1 in Chinese and 2 in English. There are 2 teaching classes available on the Xuhui Campus, with 1 in Chinese and 1 in English. The graduates need to enroll the suitable teaching class by themselves; please pay attention to the remark information for the teaching class.
7. Specialized Courses
Specialized core courses are arranged by School and their enrollments are carried out at the same time with general courses. Courses such as ' Scientific Writing, Integrity and Ethics,' ' Academic Lectures,' ' Laboratory Safety Education,' ' Professional Practice,' and others are common courses offered to the entire university. Please select these courses based on the arrangements made by your own department to avoid mistakenly choosing classes from other schools, which may affect your course completion.
8. Add/Drop courses
The add/drop of courses will be opened in the first two weeks of the spring semester. Course retake/re-examination applications should also be made during add/drop period. Once the Course retake/re-examination applications are approved, students have to enroll their classes in the course retaking page in the system.
Beyond the first two weeks of the spring semester, courses adding and dropping will be not allowed.
1. All selected courses (including “Free Elective” courses) must be passed before graduation, otherwise it will affect the graduation process.
2. Whether the course selection is successful is determined by whether the course is displayed on your course schedule in the system. Those who are not listed in the class student list are not permitted to attend the study or course examinations. Credits for unlisted courses will not be recorded.
3. After approval of retake or re-examination applications, it is imperative to enter the retake course selection interface to personally choose the teaching class.
Academic Affairs Office, Graduate School
December 8, 2023